• Today was the first two-a-day session of fall camp (and beautiful weather, to boot). The morning session featured full pads, while players had shoulder pads and shorts on during the afternoon.
• NIU put in about 20 minutes of Army preparation today, its first segment focused on the Sept. 3 season opener during fall camp.
• Two injuries to note. Cameron Stingily has a tweaked right ankle and is expected to be back soon. Stephen O'Neal is still recovering from a shoulder injury from last season. Doeren said he's "doubtful" for the opener, but he will likely be back by the second or third game.
• The Huskies receivers spent a couple minutes on the sled. They didn't hit like the offensive line. They catch better, though.
• You just can't throw a lazy pass in Rashaan Melvin's direction. He's going to pick it. Melvin had another interception today, picking off Chandler Harnish. I asked him if he's ready to ask his coach to switch him to receiver. His answer: "No, definitely not."
• NIU got its kickoff return team installed today during live action. The Huskies also put in some live punt return. Tommy Davis is the return man for both, obviously. Nathan Palmer is Davis' understudy at kickoff return. Doeren said freshmen Tommylee Lewis and A.J. Sebastiano, along with Nathan Palmer, are options behind Davis as punter returner. Akeem Daniels or Jasmin Hopkins are Davis' backups at kick return.
• Scott Wedige's dance moves. Hard to find the words to describe them. Let's just say he grooves like a center.
• There are 24 days until Army.
– Ryan Wood, email@example.com, @rwood_DDC on Twitter.